Information for CIT Certification Holders
Once you have passed your exam you will receive the following:
- Score report email from Webassessor with your exam results by domain. (Immediately)
- Official email form CEDIA recognizing awarding your certification and providing links to the logos. (within 4 business days)
- Email from Accredible with your specific digital badge link. Learn more about CEDIA’s digital badges here. (within 4 business days)
- Letter in the mail with your official printed certificate and lapel pin. (within 2 weeks)
- For more tips and ideas on getting the most out of your certification please download the How to
Market Your Certification resource.
To view and manage your certification please log into cedia.org and go to the My Education page from within your account. This will display all your certifications along with your transcript.
Keep in mind that renewing the CIT does NOT require accumulating 30 CEUs like the other certifications, but only needs to pass a 3-hour CIT Renewal Course during the last year of certification. You will receive an email about options for taking this course.
While most technicians go on to earn the IST certification, many choose to maintain the CIT throughout their career. For individuals who hold both CIT and IST, keep in mind that those certification periods will not sync and renewal will be handled separately.
For CIT holders who do not have an IST, but have earned the ESC-N or ESC-D then these specialist certifications will sync with your CIT and renew at the same time as long as you have the 30 CEUs which are required for the ESC-N and ESC-D.
Please reference the CIT Handbook for full renewal policies. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your certification period or renewing your certification.